Saturday, September 24, 2011

the waiting



I woke this morning
and you were there
not in a corporeal sense
but in every other way

I haven't seen you
but I know you
we haven't touched
but I feel you

life has become surreal
ghostly images of you
float through my dreams
my consciousness raised

I haven't held you
but I've felt your love
we haven't kissed
but when we do...

(oh my God, when we do...)

the clocks will stop for us
when we touch, we will become one
once I've held you, nothing else will matter
once we've kissed, our lives will be changed

for now
I must abide
anticipation building
my head knows the value of patience
my heart understands the reward of release


1 comment:

  1. I think many people can very much relate to this poem.....really nice write Paul

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and speaking...