Saturday, December 3, 2011

feeling it


every time I think of you
my heart swells, pounding
dancing joyously in my chest
whenever I ponder what might be
my mind wanders/wonders
lost in a daydream of possibility
thoughts of you come faster and faster
taking me, stealing my breath, lifting me up
leaving me starry eyed and (magnificently) distracted

is this what I think it is? no....couldn't be (could it?)
it's been so long since I've felt this way
it's a warm, wonderful, unfamiliar feeling
like the embrace of God, so inviting
do you feel it too? or is it just a trick of my heart?
I've been deceived before, betrayed by my hopes
sometimes you want something so badly
you're willing to run toward the mirage...so thirsty
but I feel you so this can't be a mirage (can it?)

run with me and let's find out together
I know it's scary, I get that...so what?
if you hold my hand and look me in the eyes
feel the touch of my lips on yours, so soft
trust in your heart as I have come to
the world only holds the power we give it
let's take it back, let's live this dream
nothing is more courageous than real love
and you haven't lived/loved until you've felt it

it lives in the dream of your kiss...


4 comments:

  1. I think you could convince anyone to come along on the journey. Very powerful words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, means a lot coming from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely poem. Lots of honesty, its evident that you write what you feel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and speaking...