Sunday, May 20, 2012

subtext


not quite sure
what you want with me
where (if) I fit in...
or do I?

so close
yet so far removed
this must be a...
mistake or misunderstanding
something lost
in translation

I'm not what you
expected
not what you
thought (hoped)
was in the box
what will you do
with me now?

care, love
attention
I need, I need, I need...get it?
see the pattern?

I'm not selfish
at least I
don't think so
do you?

I give, gladly (in quantity)
more than I get
I don't ask for equal measure
only effort

don't make me ask
for what you (should)
want me to have
I won't beg ever again

yours for the asking
please stop turning me out
arms and heart open wide
take advantage, (please)


3 comments:

  1. Heartfelt poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This touched the very core of me. I felt...your every word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the kind words. Means a great deal to hear them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and speaking...