Monday, May 7, 2012

white knuckles


your hand in mine
so tight it hurts
surprised by my heart
I want this to happen

breathing so deep
praying we don't fall apart
wonderful, impossible
and so hard to hold

I try with all my might
to wipe away your fears
our lives rearranged
holding on tight to hope

looking into your eyes
never revealing their depth
it's hard to imagine sometimes
so captivated by us

hoping to survive
hanging on your words
so desperately close
cheating destiny to be in you

voices in my head screaming out
as life quietly passes me by
my heart is so empty without you
I need a kiss to seal the deal

















5 comments:

  1. Thank you sandyman and strophicus. I appreciate the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. strophicus, I hope you don't mind, I added your blog to my list of "Brilliant Reads". Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words touch me so deeply, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and speaking...