Thursday, January 12, 2012

wonderment (unfinished)


almost touching
you and I
soft and sexy
tactile sensation
burns so hot
feeling vertigo
spinning and dizzy
brought on by....
lost in this wonderment
my awe has been struck
knowing and doing
two entirely different aspects
my heart gets away from me
...secretly...I let it go
I won't slow my roll
no interest in stopping
if you won't keep up
you'll get left behind
pay attention
look alive
know the difference
between wants and needs
sometimes you need a want
don't watch as it slips away

2 comments:

  1. The last few lines really grip me, for various reasons. I've read them several times over and the words just seem to be etching themselves in permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece was never finished...I started it a couple nights before Scott's passing and I knew I could never recapture what I was going for when I started writing. So I published it "as is", no art and no end or edit...between you and I, "sometimes you need a want" is one of my favorite lines I've written. Thank you so much for your kind words of support.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and speaking...