Monday, September 12, 2011

come undone (bondage)


awake and alone...again
moonlight casting a vague shadow
life seems thin in the flat grey glow
my heart slows, wants to stop
I pray that this isn't real

sheets wrapped around my waist
my mind twisted from neglect
face in the pillow, screaming out
breath becomes a shallow panting
feeling as though I've come undone

this part isn't easy...my head can't keep up with my heart
(why is the writing on the wall always in a language I can't read?)

I used to think I mattered
but what I think and feel
what I know, all I can imagine
is so far removed from reality
it feels as though I'm self-destructing
moving too fast through a world that doesn't know
I exist...pay attention! look at me!...please
there can be so much hatred in honesty
so much fear in knowing who you are

God, this is hard






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and speaking...