Tuesday, September 13, 2011

pieces



brave...and crazy
and I came to play
so worn out from the status quo
out for ourselves, never mind the cost
but what we protect is what we lose in the end

(I need to be honest at this point. I have no clue what I'm looking for.
Sometimes it seems almost indefinable, a complete mystery to me.
Have you ever stood so close to something you can't see it? That's what this feels like.
It has no form, no physical shape, no identifying characteristics, it's simply an idea...)

why can't we have it all? I don't understand
I want it all and I will do almost anything to get it
there are pieces of me scattered throughout so many lives
fragments of my heart, scraps of my soul, the tattered remains of a once vibrant love

come with me, lead or follow, walk or run, just don't stop moving
my legs are weary from carrying the weight of so much collateral damage
never meant to do harm, my heart once soft, now made of stone, untenable
help me put it back together, help me heal, help pick up the pieces of me

1 comment:

  1. It is not unattainable. Just take a breath and jump.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and speaking...