Tuesday, June 19, 2012

still living


speaking your mind, waking the child
oats you never knew existed, rising up
trapped between who you are and who
you always thought you (would) could be
the difference between now and then
is fear...plain and painfully simple
this was never part of your plan
not the way this was meant to be
what happened to your dreams? your life...?

well, I'm here to tell you I got your back
I'm behind you and pushing, prodding...
propping you up (if) when necessary
you help carry me and I won't let you down
immeasurable strength when joined at the heart
we have what it takes if we're willing to give it all
the reality is that this is only as difficult as we make it
let's walk out together, from the shadows of our doubt
the worst is over and we still have so far to go

it's not dying that's hard...it's living


1 comment:

Thanks for reading and speaking...