Wednesday, July 13, 2011

hard to hold



we've always believed there was time
time to find the one who understands
understands our fragility, feels our pain
pain that has dulled our senses (so numb)
senses that were formerly sharp, intensity ruled
ruled our heart, stealing our breath
breath that we once offered without hesitation
hesitation has become tyranny, ever devouring
devouring our hope, robbing us blind
blind fear now the order of the day (day after day)

now time slips away
leaving us gasping
raping our spirit
pillaging our need
leaving a void
forsaken, forgotten, forlorn

I care, but you were always so hard to hold
stop running, slow your pace, feel me while you still can
catch your breath...slow and deep
take my hand, my motives are pure
to do harm would kill me
left alone without you
...again

fuck that

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and speaking...