Wednesday, July 8, 2009

garden of eden



sometimes it seems
the world I walk through
is tainted
like spoiled milk, rotten
the very earth I walk
dark and wet
dirt from a grave diggers boots
the air I breathe
smacks of hatred and intolerance
this post-modern garden of eden
is polluted...

but every now and then
a beam of dazzling white light
falls on the ground at my feet
pure in nature
soothing my soul

you have done that for me
polished a tarnished faith
brought me back from the edge
to feel that warm beam on my face
words escape me
so does the pain
when I sleep
you enter my mind
effortlessly
and it all falls away
I wake to find a flower
growing in my garden
a plot I never knew existed
it rises from the renewed soil
a promise of tomorrow
hope for today
shine baby... shine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and speaking...