Friday, May 22, 2009

walls



I never knew I was alone
in a house full of people
I was alone
the facade hides your face
but not your heart
just as the facade of a house
hides the rot beneath it
the house we shared
was full of everything
that didn't matter
it was sorely lacking
the furnishings we needed
faith...trust...unconditional love
like the good china
brought out only for guests
so was your love
placed high
out of reach
neglected
forgotten for lack of use
I need a home with no walls
no walls to hide behind
no walls to block our vision
no carpet under which to sweep
your lies and misdeeds
this place has taken on the odor
of mistrust and jealousy
hatred and disgust
I can't live here anymore
looks like its time for me to move
on


1 comment:

  1. this one really touches me....i love this one the most, all are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and speaking...