Thursday, May 21, 2009

reasons



never.
that's what you said
when?
was the question

all the reasons in your head
now out in the open, spread
now the whole world glares
all your secrets laid bare
no shame in your game, not a care

you held your ground, like a rock you stood
you sold us all on a liars bill of goods
the world isn't perfect
it's beauty lies in it's imperfections
your beauty lies in your deceptions

My eyes have been opened, my soul healing
my heart has let go, my pain is receding
you'll never know what you lost,
and in your mind, damn the cost
you live in your fear, no empathy my dear

as you slipped away to someone new
you know you lied to justify
to pretend you had good reason
we both know the shame in you
and the bullshit in your treason

I will always mean it...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and speaking...