Monday, June 8, 2009

automatic



"this is the life, this is the ground
here comes the warm machine" *

I was told when I was younger
and things made more sense
that if you want to affect the reader
write as though you're speaking to them
for so long this made perfect sense
but over time (God, it seems like eons)
my thoughts became fragmented
easily spoken, seldom understood
fragments
writing became a string of thoughts
line after line,
pieces of mind
sadly, unless you know me
these pieces don't/won't fit
you don't understand!
the pauses get longer and longer
the inflections ever more profound
as you search for the words
to complete a thought...
but never entirely
because just as a voice needs an ear
a thought needs inspiration
the idea that something
could be more than it appears
(more than meets the eye)
that it bears looking into, checking out
what inspires you?
inspiration is an homage to hope
use it or lose it people
hope...faith.......trust................?
so as you read these lines I write
and you try to make sense of the chaos
the graffiti covered walls of my mens room
look, to understand my rant
you need to get close to hear the (whisper)

this is where the juicy stuff is
I'm not speaking in tongues
(am I?)
if you don't know the dialect
the meaning can be lost
in translation
so get down here...real close....closer still
that's it
I can feel your breath on my neck
so sexy
can you hear me now?
good
I wish you would listen
I need you to feel (me)
let's break it down...

(watch your step)

these words come at a cost
a price I'll gladly pay
(how much to cross the river, sir?)
nothing else in my life is
automatic


* from the song "Warm Machine", by Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and speaking...