Monday, October 10, 2011

intervention



soaring high above my damage
broken wings worrying me
so much closer to the flame
exposed by my naive heart

apparitions hovering above
spirits of my hopeless quest
life, full of fear and angst, remains
merciless, empty, and far too long

in vain my soul survives
fodder for this pointless flesh
choices seem even more irrelevant
deviants should never pray

falling into the dead, black sea
floating in my abandoned words
irresistible forces tug at me
drowning in the undertow

self-medication/meditation
I've only just become addicted
aren't lovers always the suckers?
chasing the dragon, proving our worth

I'm so tired of it, all I need
sick of giving it all away, nothing left
I watch the lights go down and I know
closer to the flame, nearer to the blame

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and speaking...