Monday, March 19, 2012

alone with you



another day passes
without you in my arms
distance and emotion
co-exist out of balance
there is so much to lose
tucked into this fleeting moment
I don't take what I don't need
so give me back my peace of mind

before you there was a void
completely full of nothing
my church has no choir
nowhere to kneel
my fruit is rusty
rotten on the vine
you feel me but you don't get me
survival and love, a conflict of interest

familiarity breeds contempt
love means always, forever
having someone to blame
human in nature, neglected
this temple can burn with passion
or crumble from neglect
honesty from guilt
like gold from lead

it takes more than heat
to burn this down...
tired of being the example
giving it all away
nothing left
alone
at long last
(un)discovered



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and speaking...