Thursday, September 16, 2010

the ride



I feel
for the first time
in a long time
an unusual sensation
crazy and unfamiliar

do you remember how it feels
as you top out on a roller coaster?
the feeling as your eyes (and mind)
realize what's about to transpire
you can't stop it from happening
you're powerless against the pull of gravity
terror and joyous anticipation become one
....and then...
you're screaming down the other side
gathering speed, hair whipping wildly
your ability to breathe temporarily suspended
stomach rising, heart racing
the end of the world is near...

then it's over
sadly, it always ends

well, you know what sweetheart?
I ain't getting off the ride
I'm tired of standing in line, sun shining
watching others enjoy the day
if I'm only getting the one go around
it won't be wasted
I promise to leave it all on the field of play
just don't let the ride end


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and speaking...